Effective Date: 21st May 2012
Types of Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information — personal information and anonymous information – and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information. We collect the following categories of information:
- - Registration information you provide when you create an account, including your first name and surname, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, username and password.
- - Transaction information you provide when you request information or purchase a product or service from us, whether on our sites or through our applications, including your postal address, telephone number and payment information
- - Information you provide in public forums on our sites and applications
- - Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information
- - Information you provide to us when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account
- - Location information when you visit our sites or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information
- - Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send
How We Collect Your Information
We collect information through technology, such as cookies, Flash cookies and Web beacons, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms.
We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically. Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
Use of Your Information by English Club TV Ltd.
English Club TV Ltd. will be the data controller for your information, may have access to your information and, unless prohibited under applicable law, for use on our own behalf for the following purposes:
- - Provide you with the products and services you request
- - Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies
- - Consistent with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you:
- - Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services
- - Personalize content and experiences on our sites and applications
- - Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications.
- - Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
- - Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
Sharing Your Information with Other Companies
We will not share your personal information outside English Club TV Ltd. except in limited circumstances, including:
- - When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as:
- - Electing to share your personal information with carefully selected companies so that they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services
- - Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
- - When we cooperate with financial institutions to offer co-branded products or services to you; however, we will do so only if permitted by applicable law and, in these cases, the financial institutions are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those related to the co-branded products or services
- - When companies perform services on our behalf, like package delivery and customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- - You may correct, update and delete your registration account
- - You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters and alerts
- - You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you
- - You may choose whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services
- - You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it and we request third parties with whom we have shared the information do the same
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by contacting Customer Support, or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, please contact Customer Support.
We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to personal information we may collect from children on our sites and applications. Some of the features on our sites and applications are age-gated so that they are not available for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children in connection with those features. When we intend to collect personal information from children, we take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- - Notifying parents about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information
- - In accordance with applicable law, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children, or for sending information about our products and services directly to their children
- - Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity
- - Giving parents access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted
Data Security and Integrity
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect guest information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. From time to time, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Data Transfers, Storage and Processing Globally
Comments and Questions
Aggregate Information. Aggregate information means information about groups or categories of guests, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual guest.
Anonymous Information. Anonymous information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual guest.
Application. Application means a program or service operated by us (or on our behalf) that may be displayed on various online, mobile or other platforms and environments, including those operated by third parties, which permits us to interact directly with our guests.
Children. Children means individuals who we have identified are not of legal age to consent to the collection and processing of their personal information.
Data Controller. The data controller is the subsidiary or affiliated entity of English Club TV Ltd. that is responsible for the personal information collected from English Club TV sites and applications.
Notice. Notice may be by email to you at the last email address you provided us, by posting notice of such changes on our sites and applications, or by other means, consistent with applicable law.
Personal information. Personal information means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as the individual’s name, postal address, email address and telephone number. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, this anonymous information also is treated as personal information.
Customer Support Contact Information:
United Kingdom: +44 20 8133 6677
United States: +1 202 558 0082
Ukraine: +380 67 523 0029
Poland: +48 22 219 5656